1) I hate spam in my folder and if it reaches above 10 or 15 I HAVE to delete it. I won’t wait the month they promise to automatically delete it. I don’t trust them, plus I’m a little OCD.
2) Need to love my dinner on Sundays. An old family tradition dating back to when I was a child.
3) Still love and own (and may purchase more) stuffed animals or as I call them “friends.” And, I’m not embarrased about it.
4) I have been known to put either grape jelly or strawberry jam on pizza. Happily. It started with dry pizza in college, it has continued. Don’t judge, try it.
5) I am happy for 3 seasons of the year. Winter? Not so much.
6) I have NO sense of direction but can remember every word from a fight with my husband that happened 25 years ago. (My husband hates this.)
7) I love jelly doughnuts: I always pick raspberry jelly instead of strawberry jelly at Dunkin’Donuts. Made that mistake once, won’t make that mistake again.
8) I don’t care about my age but I always care about my birthday. I used to think it should be a National Holiday…..and why isn’t it?
9) If there was a fire and my family and dog were safe and I could pick one item to save it would be Nokey, my frail, old stuffed animal that my Dad bought me when I was two. Nokey (from not knowing how to say Monkey, will be 52 on my/our birthday) in October.
10) My favorite cake is a cake that is chocolate with layers of raspberry jam and chocolate cream. An Americanized version of the Austrian Sacher Torte.
11) My husband is an absolute sweetheart who makes me a cup of coffee every morning; he makes a mean gazpacho too.
12) I sometimes worry about things before they happen, called anticipatory anxiety.
13) I don’t get people who get “high” on exercising. Never has happened, never will. I guess I’d have to exercise more to find out. LOL. So not happening.
14) The cicadas singing their songs at night in the summer comforts me. I imagine them having conversations with each other as I try to fall asleep.
15) I used to throw up in the bushes before day camp every day when I was little. Did my parents think this was normal behavior?
16) Old friends are not “always” there. Some are, some aren’t. There is no guarantee. New friends are a special gift.
17) Chris Rock changed the way I think about my hair. I had my natural brown color glaze to hide the fake highlights he said everyone in his audience had.
18) Love Arnold Palmer lite iced tea and lemonade mix.
19) I used to have a crush on John Denver and before that, Bobby Sherman. In my fantasy we sang on stage, together.
20) Did I mention how much I love jelly doughnuts?
Pingback: does he like me? or is this stupid crap that i assume is flirting.? SUPER LONG STORY?
Not sure I’m ready to admit to any (or many) of my teen-age/young adult crushes, but here goes: Ken Dryden (for those who don’t know he played goal for the Montreal Canadiens in the 1970s; and for those of you how don’t know the Montreal Canadiens is a hockey team (not a soccer team despite the position of goalie).
*smiles* This is a cute list.
David Cassidy, Donny Osmond and Bobby Sherman were my crushes. John Denver was my mom’s, so it was not cool to dig the guy my mom dug.:)