Cover via Amazon
Last week they wrote about what they have never done…this week write a list of 22 things you HAVE done. (inspired by Sellabit Mom) From Mama’s Losin’ It:
1) I saved the lives of baby bunnies by rescuing them from underneath the grass, brought them to the vet and they LIVED! I’m a bunny whisperer.
2) I have two great children (teenagers) whom I love, like and respect. (This is not to say they don’t drive me crazy sometimes)
3) I adopted a puppy from a shelter and it was one of the best decisions of my life; she’s nine years old now and her name is Callie.
4) I’ve been married to a great guy for the last 23 years. *Note: we DON’T live in Hollywood.
5) I’ve traveled to Holland, Spain, Aruba, Greece, Israel, Portugal…etc.
6) I didn’t get mad or annoyed at my husband at all when he was pick pocketed in Barcelona, Spain because he forgot to put his wallet in the “safe” pocket.
7) I finished a twenty-two mile (walking) marathon and earned money for charity, Walk For Hunger.
8) I’ve read many, many books and love reading. I support my library and was a Border’s addict. Damn, I hate that you are gone.
9) I threw up in first or second grade right before a play, didn’t tell anyone, cleaned myself up and went out on stage. “The show must go on.”
10) I gave my sister a 39th SURPRISE birthday party and let me tell you, she WAS surprised! (she wore a Mickey Mouse T-shirt to my house.)
11) I forced my father, 18 years ago to let me take him to the Emergency Room on Father’s Day; it turned out he needed a quadruple by-pass operation and he lived for many years afterwards, I, quite possibly, saved his life.
12) When my son was 4, I surprised him with a Batman birthday party, with “Batman” himself appearing. Best party EVER.
13) I worked at a major motion film company and we got to see free movies.
14) I murdered a goldfish by overfeeding him and I still feel guilty, Frank, I’m so sorry. RIP
15) I made memory books for my son, daughter, niece and nephew when they were 13 years old, using old photographs and collage and I made one for my father-in-law for his 80th birthday. A lot of work; a lot of love. Great outcome; love doing it.
16) I swiped a small tube of Elmer’s Glue when I was 6, mom marched me back into the store to apologize and pay. Ouch.
17) I saw Diana Ross in the elevator.
18) I bake the best banana raisin/chocolate chip bread in the universe. Ask anyone.
19) I once pooped my pants (as a grown-up) when I was very, very sick. I’m sure my children will be so proud.
20) I covered a shift as a favor to a friend and I met John Travolta, he smiled at me, it was about 30 years ago (do you think he still remembers me?! I guess not.)
21) I put grape jelly on pizza (and yes, eat it)
22) I have played the song “Someone Like You” by Adele at least 100 times.