- A Box of Chocolates
- Caramel? Coconut? Marshmallow?
- I Regret To Inform You…….
- I didn’t even think of the options “caramel, coconut or marshmallow” I was all set to give a simple “nougat” answer when I came upon these choices. I have to say at one time of my life (not very long ago) I would have answered any one or preferably all. Now that I have done some serious healthy eating for the past three months I would have to truly concentrate on that answer and think it through. At the moment, and with regret but pride, I would pick NONE. Don’t worry, I’m not sanctimonious, I just know one delicious, silky smooth, velvet chocolate melting slowly on my tongue would start a war with myself. I would lose. I’ve had weight problems all my life and I’m trying to get a handle on it. I do eat a piece or two of dark chocolate each night, but really, to me, it doesn’t count. I’ve made compromises. Have a nougat, or a coconut covered chocolate, for me. Maybe eventually I can have a piece of nougat milk chocolate and then go back to healthy eating, I just know I’m not ready yet. Not by a long shot.
- A Discontinued Product that I Want Back (FOR HIM)
- Bring Back His Chocolate Bar None Candy Bar
I am psychic because just yesterday I asked my friends if they had heard of a product, a candy bar that my husband dearly misses. It’s called BAR NONE and life for my husband, has not been the same since it disappeared in chocolate heaven. My friends also found an on-line petition to bring back, Bar None candy bar. Hon, I’m doing all that I can. This is my gift to you.
Some would call these vices, but not me. They’re habits…..idiosyncracies…..creative qualities……and fine taste.
I don’t discriminate, milk, dark (even fake white chocolate), candy bars, truffles, and any chocolate covered fruit. When fruit is covered with chocolate it makes it healthy and a necessary food group. This also includes chocolate milk and hot chocolate, again, dairy = strong bones, thus a health food.
I am a clean person but a messy one. Stacks of letters, old birthday cards, photographs, college note-books. It’s hard for me to throw stuff away. I am NOT a hoarder, I prefer to call myself sentimental.
Pizza With Jelly
Yes, my kids are disgusted but sometimes pizza is dry. So, for the last 35 years I solve that by adding grape jelly (my first choice) to my pizza. In an emergency, I would substitute strawberry jam. Orange marmalade is not an option, nor is cherry (That is disgusting and going over the line!)
I buy more books than I can read in a life time. When I am reading (which is most of the time) I need at least 2 (OK, I’m lying, 10-20) books to choose from so that when I finish a particularly good book, I won’t be depressed. I need choices, is that so wrong?
Yeah, sometimes I worry a bit too much. I worry about things that I have NO control over. Pointless, you say? I totally agree. That doesn’t help me in the least. What if…..What if? I know, I tell myself to shut up all the time. Useless. I know. I blame my mother, it’s all genetics.